Little Ghosts by Anne Wolfe

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Despite warnings, I'd rate this less explicit than most Disney movies. Punctuation is the experimental part.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Eluréd and Elurín are lost. They meet somebody in the woods, though. Perhaps they can all be lost together.

Major Characters: Amrod, Eluréd, Elurín

Major Relationships: Eluréd & Elurín

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Experimental, Fluff

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Character Death

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 461
Posted on 28 October 2019 Updated on 10 April 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Anne Wolfe has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Description/Imagery, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


Thanks much! I confess I've had this written for a while, but it just seemed suited to being posted around Halloween. I'm glad you read it as eerie, that's what I was going for more than anything.

It's been interesting seeing how people react to the end-- I think each person's perception of it really depends on what they think of Mandos, and of whether it's good for elves, and whether it would be good for children even if it can help older elves. Or possibly whether all my double negatives and vague references to the sound of horns even make sense! The flaws of a semi-stream-of-consciousness style.

But then, wandering Beleriand as a disembodied spirit leaves these three open to attacks of the more metaphysical sort... For what it's worth, I think they're tiny enough to fly under the radar in a nice corner of Middle-earth for a while, but can't for the life of me think of a good way to story-ize that or what would happen after. If you (or anyone else reading this!) want to steal the idea, be my honored guest.