The Long Despair of Success by AndyC

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This is my first story on SWG.  Hopefully, I've done all the bits and pieces correctly...

A hat-tip to Dawn Felagund on The Heretic Loremaster and to lintamande on The Feanorians Send Their Regards for inspiration and causing me to think in certain directions.  And for convincing me of elements of their headcanons.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor, just wanting to be alone, is forced to tell his story to some victorious Elves of the Host of Finarfin.

But he doesn't tell them everything.

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 446
Posted on 5 November 2019 Updated on 5 November 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


That is a very interesting idea and a clever solution to some of the problems you raise! And well told, too!

I think that bit about the Light of the Silmarils sounds a bit more like lintamande than like Dawn, but it is a while since I read some of the entries on lintamande's blog.

 

Welcome to SWG!

 

Although it may not apply, in your case,  I thought I should perhaps warn you about two things: comment notifications need to be switched on in your account settings, if you wish to receive them. Also, unfortunately, you might possibly not receive them, even so, because of a software issue that the mods have been trying to deal with, but not yet managed to fix.

Thanks, Himring!

I’m also thoroughly enjoying reading the stories here - I wish I’d found this place sooner.

i’ve now set up comments notification as suggested.

Author's Response:

Thanks, Himring!

I’m also thoroughly enjoying reading the stories here - I wish I’d found this place sooner.

i’ve now set up comments notification as suggested.