Of Things Made to be Destroyed by janeways

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Title and description from Fuckmylife666 by Against Me!

I wrote this instead of working on final papers because I made myself sad thinking about my shitty ex, so enjoy this self-indulgent story of true love conquering all (sorta kinda)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

This, too, will soon slip out of reach / This, too, will soon come to an end

Caranthir and Haleth, falling in love, despite it all.

Major Characters: Caranthir, Haleth

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 3, 626
Posted on 29 November 2019 Updated on 26 December 2019

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


"He bowed and took his leave, remounting his horse and guiding it over to his lieutenant. There was a tightness in his chest that he couldn’t explain, and for some reason he couldn’t pinpoint, his mind was filled with the fairy stories he had once told his nephew, and how when his father had first seen his mother, she had been covered in the soot of the forge."

Perfect!

I love these two (and the idea of them as a couple), and I love their first meeting as you wrote it. Caranthir falling into her arms, and his very own brand of appreciation, was amusing to read (though embarrassing for him). Really enjoyed how you wrote his thought processes! And Haleth's responses were excellent. I liked the deep(er) thoughts they exchanged in Chapter 2, too. Looking forward to reading more!