Rewind... by Nienna

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written as a gift for The_Wavesinger in the Femslash Exchange 2019.

Many thanks to Grundy for beta-reading! Any remaining mistakes are my own. The_Wavesinger, I had a blast with your wonderful prompts and I hope you enjoy!

Time travel is technically sort of canon (!); you said you wanted fic based on Myths Transformed so I read it and got inspired by this part: “But as for the Valar themselves, and the Maiar also in their degree: they could live at any speed of thought or motion which they chose or desired. They could move backward or forward in thought, and return again so swiftly that to those who were in their presence they did not appear to have moved. All that was past they could fully perceive; but being now in Time the future they could only perceive or explore in so far as its design was made clear to them in the Music, or as each one of them was specially concerned with this or that part of Eru's design, being His agent or Subcreator.”- Tolkien, Myths Transformed (Morgoth’s Ring)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

During the chaos of the Downfall of Númenor, Uinen goes back in time to relive a memory while attempting to save Tar-Míriel, her beloved.

Major Characters: Tar-Míriel, Uinen

Major Relationships: Tar-Míriel/Uinen

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 2, 022
Posted on 10 December 2019 Updated on 14 April 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh this was so sad! :'( I absolutely loved the idea that Uinen would try to keep going back in time to save Míriel, wondering if one day she just didn't have enough strength, letting her die </3 It was also very interesting reading about the "initiation" cult for Uinen and all the details involved. I also wondered what would Uinen be thinking when Míriel took part in it. Had she been watching her from the distance? Was she also in love, or it was Míriel returning the kiss that caught her off guard? Anyway, it was a delightful, if sad, read! <3  

I am so glad you liked it! (and felt sad Xd.) To be honest, I didn’t really consider what Uinen was thinking while Miriel reformed the ritual. perhaps she was watching from the distance? I don’t think she was really in love yet (at least, not in the original timeline,) but she was always happy to oblige a beautiful woman kissing her. And then she fell in love along the way...