Irmo's Children by Lferion

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written For the Silmarillion Writer's Guild February 2020 Crackuary Bingo Challenge. Fill for I-3: Unexpected Roadtrip, and O-4: Choose a whack detail from The Book of Lost Tales to become canon. I chose two details, one, that the dreaming/wandering children from the Cottage of Lost Play are/were real and some are still there, and that some of the Noldor who attempted the Helcaraxe and were lost did not die. This one probably also counts as Absurdly Magical.

Many thanks to Runa and Morgynleri for encouragement and sanity-checking.

On AO3

Fanwork Information

Summary:

They had come here as in a dream, to the far North of the world.

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crackfic, Drama, Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Crackuary

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 300
Posted on 8 March 2020 Updated on 8 March 2020

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is such an intriguing take on the prompt. Love the imagery and the way you put these seemingly disparate elements together. (Now I wonder if the dream-garden scene in <i>Roverandom</i> is also related to the Cottage of Lost Play!)