Returning Home by Sairina

Fanwork Information

Summary:

When Maglor son of Fëanor surrenders to Eönwë at the end of the War of Wrath, no one expects him to reveal the secret of the Silmarilli. And yet... However, he still participated in the Kinslaying, and Námo isn't known to be merciful...

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Hurt/Comfort

Challenges: Laws and Customs

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 448
Posted on 25 June 2020 Updated on 25 June 2020

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


First of all, thank you for your comment. I've never received one so soon after publishing a work.

It has been my headcanon for some time now that the Silmarils are Fëanor's children, or rather contain their fëar. I don't like to think that the Oath and the Kinslayings happened because of mere stones, as beautiful (and powerful) as they may have been. Most of the time I prefer to imagine Fëanor and his sons as loving their family so much that they would do absolutely anything for them. Most of the time.

And I also tend to search for other explanations than those given by the writers.

Well, thank you again and goodbye!

Sairina