A Man of Constant Sorrow by NelyafinweFeanorion

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Summary:

Modern AU where Maglor lives and works in New York City as a bartender and musician. He fills his days with work and live music but the advent of a new exhibition at the library near his home brings back memories of more than his lost family. An unexpected encounter with a familiar looking stranger sets him on a different path.

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 7, 740
Posted on 12 September 2020 Updated on 12 September 2020

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Notes:

part of the Tolkien Reverse Summer Bang! I was paired with the lovely Narya_Flame and her riveting photo board of Maglor in New York! Art is at the end of the fic! 
and here

(See the end of the work for more notes.)


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


You can’t stay in one place for too long. It’s unnatural to have time pass you by, to see the subtle changes in those around you but never see them when you look in your own mirror. 

This terrific and very moving.

My own music isn’t quite as simple. I still write. I’ve never stopped. 

I believe this with all of my heart. I really squirm when people write that Maglor doesn't like making music any more! Way too bleak for me!

The sure, steady calm of my older brother.
Stories of my mother and father.
Timeless remembrances that could have come from any family, in any timeframe. 

Love the idea of Maglor nursing Tolkien! And filling his head with stories.

I live near the Morgan Library. It’s one of several apartments I have in the area. If immortality has one advantage it’s the ability to acquire prime real estate and hold on to it. 

I died at this! It would take a few lifetimes or starting Microsoft to afford that! Way to go Maglor! You deserve it!

“It’s something, isn’t it? To see it there in front of you?”
She’s not wrong. I nod my head and blink in turn, too proud to dab at my eyes. “That it is,” I say, my voice thick with all that I’m holding in.

Priceless!! Great description of the Exhibit.

“It still exists, for those who choose to look.”
Mysterious and vague as always, these Sindar.

Love this! I am a total sucker for observations on real or imagined cultural differences. Often tell one more about the observer than the one being observed.

The tendrils are winding their way through the cracks, the fragile green shoots clearing the surface, as the roots of hope take hold in my heart. 

 !!! That was so much fun!

Loved Narya_Flame's graphic also!