Trouble in Tirion by lightofthetrees

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Soap Opera Challenge! 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maitimo’s heart thudded in his chest with the finality of a falling hammer. We. Had the Valar pronounced this sentence upon all of them, or did Fëanáro assume the unwavering loyalty of his family in accepting his Doom as their own?

The unrest of the Noldor, and the aftermath of the confrontation between Feanor and Fingolfin, told from Maedhros' perspective.

Major Characters: Fëanor, Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General

Challenges: Soap Opera

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 559
Posted on 8 November 2020 Updated on 8 November 2020

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

My soap opera prompts were: 

Stock characters: The Rebel

Plot tropes: Catfight

Typical settings: A mansion in the country

I also had "Special episodes: Snow days," but I didn't use it for this fic. Maybe I'll add another chapter or a sequel that takes place in Formenos! 

Thank you to Bunn for beta-reading! :) 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Well told! It is an interesting suggestion that Maitimo was planning to demand the banishment of Melkor at that meeting, and it gives gives an interesting angle that they are approaching just after Feanaro has already disrupted the meeting.
Nice contrast between the peaceful scenes in the park and the threat of violence in the street.
I also liked how you hinted at that feast of reuniting, although it won't be until much later than they think.