The Last Scion of Tevildo by Lindariel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

The origin story for this character was inspired by the character of Tevildo from the version of "The Tale of Tinúviel" in The Book of Lost Tales, Part Two, who was "possessed of an evil sprite." It hews to that very early tale's canon wherever possible, including the use of appropriate naming and language elements. Later chapters will bring the character into a more recognizable version of canon, along with more recognizable names and languages.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

What happens to the offspring of a cat possessed by a Maia of sharpness?

 

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s), Original Male Character(s), Eagles, Glorfindel, Melkor, Tevildo

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Crackfic, Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 9, 111
Posted on 21 January 2021 Updated on 8 February 2023

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

The mountains around Angband, the winter of 455-456.  The war is going well for Melkoré, the Great Uprising.  Tevildo the Prince of Cats, chief of Melkoré's guard, sorts out a domestic problem with unimaginable results.  Warning: This chapter has brief domestic violence, also mortal threat to a very small kitten.

The forecourt of Angband, the summer of 456.  Trouble comes to Melkoré's very doorstep, heralding a great change for the littlest Tevildion.  Warning: This chapter has canon battle violence and character death.

This chapter builds by permission on a friend's guest drabble, available on this site at https://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/node/3472/single?page=0.

Gondolin, the summer of 456. The littlest Tevildion encounters a new kind of cave. This chapter is fluffy.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.