All I know is Penance. That is all I need know. by Lindale

| | |

Fanwork Notes

First ever written and published fic. Please don't bite.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor reflects on the Oath and how he regrets it.

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 870
Posted on 29 May 2008 Updated on 29 May 2008

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Hi, Lindale!

I must say that I'm impressed that this is your first story. :) I have to say that my favorite parts are

I realize now that the ships crafted by the Teleri were and perhaps still are like the music I composed. Now I see that.

So the Silmarils completed the circle of Elements. Wrought by Fire in fire, they were claimed by the Earth, the Sea and the Sky.

But it is a very nice piece over all, and I thank you for taking the leap to share it! :)

Hi!

well errr... I have posted it before but this is more of the place where I feel I can get reviews from a select group of people, a narrower selection (ie Silmarillion fans, rather than anyone who comes across it). Most of my stories get posted on sites where I belong as I only have three *laughs* which are publishable haha, and this is my best so goes up first!

I'm impressed that this is your first story. :)

Big big big grin!

Thank you for shring which are your favourite parts, I am particulary pleased with the second quote as I had always seen that connection but was unsure whethre to put it in as people mighn't have understood it. :)

 Lindale

 

Maglor repenting is life, a theme I never get tired off. You give us some lovely visuals here, I think for me the most powerful is this one:

 I will never see my mother again. I wonder how she fares. Alone. I wonder sometimes how she felt after we left. Where she dwells, if she still sculpts the statues that looked real. All of us left her in the madness of the Oath.

 Tenderly crafted!

Thank you for reviewing! It really makes my day-honestly!

 I always wondered what the Feanorions would have though about their mother and how they left her behind. I hope that I gave a new perhaps different insight into Maglor repenting, as it is a common one :), but I hope Ido it justice and not ruin what Tolkien wrote. :)

 Lindale

Thank You.

A lot of people have found things in this story that were not completly unintentional and whenever people review, there is always a new emotion they have found.

I am extreamly slow at writing, so I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon! XD I like Kudos, it makes me feel happy!

Lindale

I've just found this and I very much like it!

I particularly like, "I am so cold. It is so dark. Even the stars veil their faces against me." It makes wonder where he is, and how far he has wandered. In the same vein, his not knowing the eventual fate of Elros and Elrond really emphasises his loneliness.

First ever written fic? I'm awed!

 

I read some of your reviews, but till now, not your story.

 

Your penname, on one of your reviews, made me curious, sorry.

 

I had been to Lindale, near Grange-over-Sands,  two times last summer, on holiday, and I booked this summer for the Netherwoods, and again for Lindale, in Juli and August, and therefore I wondered, if you are living at lovely Lindale...

 

Okay, please excuse my german nosiness...