Star's End by Keiliss

| | |

Fanwork Notes

  

You Made Me Love You (I didn't want to do it)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor meets Arwen on the road to Lorien after Aragorn's death. 

MEFA 2008  Races: Elves: House of Elrond: First Place

 

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 4, 832
Posted on 14 June 2008 Updated on 14 June 2008

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Hi there :) Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's a bit of a dark/light contrast isn't it - Arwen seeking death, Maglor resigned to the fact that he is going to live a very long time indeed. I sort of hoped he'd get some peace from his act of compassion.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

 

I cannot believe that I haven't written a review for this story. It is fabulous. I came here to see what I could steal of my review to use for the MEFAs--drats I didn't do one. And I have read it more than once.

It is original, daring and so wonderfully believable. The poignancy of bringing together into this storyline and its resolution what Elrond must have meant to Maglor, what Maglor himself has already suffered, and what it must have felt like to meet Arwen under these circumstances is absolutely stunning. Back to the drawing board to try to write a review worthy of this story.

Lord, I have no idea how many times I've read somethng, promised myself I'll come back and write a review later when I have more time, and it's never happened. LOL!

It's stunning to get such positive feedback from someone who really knows Maglor, because I've never written him before. The ending just evolved - I had no idea what was coming till his hand was on his knife hilt. Several people were less than comfortable with it, but I think it fits his practical view of the world. And it was an act of generosicy, not violence, too - a gift to the children he had raised, the one who had sailed and the other who would be waiting for her when she crossed over. 

Thanks in advance for deciding this is worthy of a MEFA review. and for your comments here. You made me very happy :)