Bright Are The Stars Upon the Margin of the World by Kenaz

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Thanks to Oshun and Dawn for the eagle-eyed and exacting beta work, and to Darth Fingon for entertaining my random question about arcane Elven nomenclature.

Is That a Strongbow in Your Pocket or Are You Just Glad to See Me?

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A tale of Beleg's beginning: You are children of starlight, the water sang, the fairest and most favored of Ilúvatar's design. Great deeds will you bring forth upon the world. And he smiled and listened still, but in his heart, though born of starlight and culled from dream and song, he was a son of the wilderness who wist no sire but the wood, and he cared little for great deeds.

Major Characters: Beleg, Oromë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 096
Posted on 2 January 2009 Updated on 2 January 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


WooHoo! Thrilled to see you post this story here. I just finished reccing it on my LJ for fear that some of my SWG-buddies might miss it. I hoped you get around to putting it here sooner rather than later, but couldn't wait to share it. 

This story is just completely briiliant in conception and execution. A fabulous look at Beleg and wonderful foreshadowing, but beyond that the entire description of what it might have been like to awaken at Cuivienen is great, Fabulous title as well.

Congratulations on a terrific story.