Arkenstone by clotho123

| | |

Fanwork Notes

image3

image 22

Most Delightful Heresy

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Where did the Arkenstone really come from, and why does it seem so strangely familiar? (Despite the subject most of this story is set in the Silmarillion period)

 

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 770
Posted on 7 February 2009 Updated on 7 February 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Now that is a fun AU. I like the concept very much. Also like the idea that Gandalf worrying that his memory is fading--a reaction to the bodily form he has taken. I assume it would be restored immediately when he decides to cast off his elderly Mortal's body. Of course, my favorite part is Maedhros giving the stone to the Dwarves and walking away from it.

Awesome, awesome story Clotho!  And you leave us in such suspense as to what happened after, w/r to the giver of the "Arkenstone."

"By Dwarvish standards unbreakable oaths of blood-thirsty vengeance were perfectly reasonable things, so he would not have felt inclined to criticise even if his guest had not just presented him with the worth of a kingdom."


Indeed.  This has always been a point that's confused me greatly w/r to the Feanorians.  If they'd been anything other than Elves, the battles of Alqualonde, Doriath and Sirion would have just been battles.  But since they were Elves, for some reason they're held to a much higher standard.  This is OK, I suppose, but I just don't see why the Teleri of Aman, the Sindar of Doriath, and the mixed folk of Sirion are all held blameless, when the Teleri attacked first and the others refused to give up jewels they had zero right to claim.  Not sure if you're sympathetic to this viewpoint, but at least Radsvinn is!

Anyway, once again, great story :)

Maeglin