Walking into Darkness by Aiwen

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A detailed retelling of the Nargothrond element of the lay of Leithian from the points of view of Finrod and Orodreth.

Major Characters: Finrod Felagund, Orodreth

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Mature Themes, Violence (Graphic)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 11 Word Count: 18, 409
Posted on 18 February 2009 Updated on 13 July 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I'm glad you like it.  I'm going on the assumption that Orodreth is struggling with depression after the loss of Tol Sirion. I think being on the recieving end of Sauron's phantoms would have been very nasty, and could probably cause damage that wouldn't show physically. I have rather more experience with depression than I would wish so I based his reactions on how I think I might react to such a situation.

I'm glad you like it; I have thought Orodreth was badly misunderstood ever since I found out in HoME that he was a loremaster. Why would such a smart man make so many mistakes?  There must be a reason... although he could just be an impractical academic. Without more information, you really can't tell.