Sporting Woods by IgnobleBard

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Beta: Oshun

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Namo takes a stroll through Lórien.

Major Characters: Mandos

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor

Challenges: B2MeM 2009

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 531
Posted on 16 March 2009 Updated on 16 March 2009

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Written for the "In the Woods" prompt for the B2Me challenge.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Very, very funny piece. I recommend that people read it more than once, however. Every time I look at it I find a new double entendre. I'll refrain from listing my favorites here so as not to spoil finding them for others. (I thnk you need to write an entry for the "stereotypes" prompt as well. You clearly have a feel for it.) 

No wonder he barely gets out his halls, hehe all that commentary! I think my most fav bit was this:

 The trees all stood silent, waving their branches nonchalantly. Then he noticed one branch seemed to be pointing at the tree next to it. He stood in front of the tree, glowering.

 *wipes away some laughing tears* What a visua, although that last line is precious as well!

Ahahahahaha! Naughty trees and fountain! Hmm. But fountain? Could it be Ulmo playing a trick on his little brother? LOL A good light piece! The trees reminded me of the Ents, by the way. The mental picture I got from the scene where they dipped their roots into the water made me laugh out loud!

 

I never saw the Lord of Mandos as... what the trees and the fountain described him to be. LOL It was refreshing! Although It made me roll my eyes too. I was surprised when you described Irmo as having woods too, not only gardens, but that is beside the point.

 

 

What did you mean with the dining room, though? I don't understand...

LOL I never thought about Ulmo playing a trick. That would be funny.

"What did you mean with the dining room, though? I don't understand..."

Namo is going to make the trees into a table and chairs for his wife's dining room because of they insulted him.

Thanks for your comments, wind rider. I'm glad you enjoyed this.