The Fated by SWE

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Suppose that this is a late attempt at the Fanon Inverted challenge, or at least that was where the idea came from. The piece of fanon I am going after is quiet, gentle, nice Nerdanel, the perfect mother and victim of her crazy revenge-obsessed husband, so maybe she doesn't come across so sympathetically in this. Fëanor’s no angel but he certainly seems to have a better approach to parenting twins. However, also indulging in another piece of fanon, with the twins being little identity-confused ginger headcases. Not really surprising, but you’ve been warned.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A story about the dangers of giving your twins the same name. Starring... Ambarussa. And their parents.

Major Characters: Amras, Amrod, Fëanor, Nerdanel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Fanon Inverted

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 445
Posted on 19 August 2009 Updated on 19 August 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I enjoyed this! I love the understated angst and drama and characters in denial, Fëanor's exasperation and Nerdanel's moments of prophecy. I think the tangled, non-linear narrative works well here, and I like the use of quotations from the HOME version for dramatic effect.