Three Sides to the Same Story by Fireworks

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Three poems that tell of the tragic story of Gwindor, Finduilas, and Túrin, from three points of view.

Major Characters: Finduilas, Gwindor, Túrin

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Poetry

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 498
Posted on 20 August 2009 Updated on 20 August 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


These are absolute marvels! Each captures the voice of each tragic character in a perfect way. I cannot tell you which one is my favorite, because I love them all, though I think the haiku has the largest impact being the voice of Turin and the shortest one at the same time.

I've put this set on my list of favorites. Great job! My hat's off. Thank you for sharing :)

I feel so honored, Robinka! Thank you!

If you can believe it, I have had an idea to do something with this theme since 2003, but had never really sat down to write it (yes, it took six years simmering to finally come to light!) I am glad that the voices ring true for you. I love the haiku too! I imagine Turin was not the verbose type, and I thought it was a great fit; I'm glad it worked :-)

Thanks again!