Threnody for the Dispossessed by Kenaz

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Story Notes: Written for Jaiden in the 2009 Ardor in August exchange.

Many thanks to members of the Lizard Council for the fast and perceptive beta: Oshun, Darth Fingon, Aerwen, Jael, and Erullisse.

The original request: A theme of redemption. Talk about The Oath, but don't let the shinies run the story. I'd like for the Fëanorian to have deep regret and remorse and want to begin the long process of making amends. What would he have to do? How hard would that be? The other Elf should want to help, even if he's unwilling at first. Death and rebirth is an option. A Vala can be a side character. Happy (or at least satisfying) ending is a must. Strong, masculine characters and witty dialog are encouraged. Deep affection should develop between the two. At least give me a hot kiss, even if you skim over the smex.

You Made Me Love You (I didn't want to do it)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

When the Valar recall Maglor to Valinor to plead for clemency, it falls to a reluctant rival to find him.

Major Characters: Daeron, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 4 Word Count: 15, 194
Posted on 21 August 2009 Updated on 21 August 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Just popping in to say that I cannot recommend this story too highly. The request for a theme of redemption, could so easily degenerate into platitudes or tripe. Instead, you give a lovely thoughtful and completely unique look at the two principle character (both fascinating in canon) and give us nothing that contradicts the hard canon and so much to enchance it.

Sorry for the drive-by review, but I am rushing today. I need to review it here properly and at its original posting site to be on record that I have great taste in fiction! (Hey, it's in my own interest!)