To Drain a Lake by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

My prompt poem for the "Queens of the Quill" challenge was:

Asiya Wadud, attention as a form of ethics [excerpt]

Who would dream to drain a lake? is a question asked in this poem, but I have taken it very much out of context here.

 

(There are no named female characters in this piece and no nods to any Legendarium Ladies April prompts.)

 

I have tagged it as poetry, but the lines and the rhythm are very loose.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Who would dream to drain a lake? 

An attempt to answer this question, posed by my prompt, for Middle-earth.

A few short reflections.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Poetry

Challenges: Queens of the Quill

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 236
Posted on 9 May 2021 Updated on 9 May 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I enjoyed how you took this concept through the whole timeline! I think my favorite line was 

(I do not wish to peek into their dreams.)

Of course it's a bit of an aside, but that sudden bit of iambic pentameter in the midst of free verse really made an impression on me, and it ties that whole section up very strongly!

Definitely poetry! And what a great use of the prompt. In the beginning, I expected it to remain very general, connected to Middle-earth but not necessarily referencing much of it, and then you went all in. And that conclusion? Goosebumps.