Our Lady of Perpetual Compassion, She of Sorrows and Succor by herenortherenearnorfar

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I wanted to write about Nienna making dinosaurs and being sad when they were gone and now it's about 10,000 words.

The concept of Olórin rescuing traumatized spirits from Angband during the War of Wrath and then needing to go to Nienna for comfort is one thousand percent thearrogantemu, whose work is always a blessing. I can only hope it's not too presumptuous to use a portion of it here.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

"Few stories were told of Nienna, not because she was not loved, but because she was loved too much. Those elves who dwelled in Valinor knew her sorrows and did not pry at them. Her part in the stories of others was glossed over, her name whispered gently, her tale left unspoken and unrecorded. Such was the respect given to her, for all people might need pity some day.

If an exile from over the sea needed to learn, or a new child asked, they were shared only snippets of thought, memories, echoes of what was told perhaps only once long ago.

These were the things that were not said."

Major Characters: Nienna

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 10, 137
Posted on 31 January 2019 Updated on 7 July 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

herenortherenearnorfar has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Sensitivity Read, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.