And Fair She Was And Free by herenortherenearnorfar

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I have other projects (rest in peace, works in progress) but I wanted to try to really integrate some of the early concepts of Amroth with later stories to create a more comprehensive backstory for him. Then I fell in love with Amroth and Celebrían's pseudo-sibling relationship. Then it turned into "how compelling can I make these undercharacterized straight romances." Tell me if I laid the dramatic irony on too thick.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

“You are the forest, Nimrodel. The light that filters through the leaves, the starlight in the pools, the flowers. I look at you and I see the earth, black and red and white. I see the flowers, elanor and niphredil. The strength of stone and the transparent delicacy of the spring tadpoles. I did not think much of being a prince of this place before you taught me how to love it.”

Major Characters: Amroth

Major Relationships: Amroth/Nimrodel, Amroth & Celebrían

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 5, 754
Posted on 30 June 2019 Updated on 12 July 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

herenortherenearnorfar has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Sensitivity Read, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.