Tevildo's Hunting Party by Elfhild

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Tevildo's Hunting Party
By Angmar and Elfhild

Craving new fare for his feasts, Tevildo, Prince of Cats, devises a scheme to hunt down one of the Great Eagles by using a child of the Noldoli as bait. Inspired by The Book of Lost Tales.

In Memory of Angmar
Who Probably Never Imagined That I Would Post This

AUTHOR'S NOTE: In the mid-2000's, Angmar and I frequently roleplayed in chat rooms. Some of these sessions were part of a Lord of the Rings themed roleplaying game that Angmar managed, while other sessions had completely random themes. The following story is taken from a chat log from 2005. Angmar just happened to feel like roleplaying as a cat that evening, and what resulted was a darkly humorous scenario which combined The Book of Lost Tales with elements taken from various parts of The Silmarillion. "Tevildo's Hunting Party" was written completely upon the spot, with no advance planning whatsoever. The story has been heavily edited to fit a standard narrative, although the dialog remains in the original chatroom script format. I tried to retain as much of Angmar's original writing as possible, adding only the introduction and some of the transitional scenes.

Since this story is based upon The Book of Lost Tales, I have tried to remain as faithful as possible to Tolkien's early versions of character and place names.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

By Angmar and Elfhild. Craving new fare for his feasts, Tevildo, Prince of Cats, devises a scheme to hunt down one of the Great Eagles by using a child of the Noldoli as bait. Inspired by The Book of Lost Tales.

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s), Tevildo

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crackfic, Humor, Script/Play/Screenplay

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 987
Posted on 10 July 2021 Updated on 10 July 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.