Bruised Fruit, Bruised Egos by Dawn Felagund, Himring, catadromously, Kaylee Arafinwiel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This story was collaboratively written by Dawn Felagund, Himring, Catadromously, and Kaylee Arafinwiel (in that order) as part of a relay writing session for the Middle-earth Olympics. While we had a vague idea when we started about what the story would be, each of us wrote for 15 minutes, and the next writer then had to build on what had been done so far.

We also used the Boxing prompt: "One word for this prompt: bruises. Maybe literal bruises, or bruised hearts, or bruised spirits, or bruised egos, or bruised fruit … the only requirement is to bang up your characters a little bit for this one. (Okay, maybe "bruised fruit" won't work after all but extra kudos if you make it happen anyway.)" We were determined to meet the prompt + the extra bruised fruit challenge.

Spoiler alert: We did.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Curufin tries to steal a book from the restricted section of the library to impress his friends, and it all goes pear-shaped. This plum fine story is the fruit of a relay writing session for the Middle-earth Olympics, and also stems from the Boxing prompt.

Major Characters: Curufin

Major Relationships: Aegnor & Angrod & Celegorm & Curufin

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General

Challenges: Middle-earth Olympics

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 1, 754
Posted on 25 July 2021 Updated on 12 August 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Written for Instadrabbling to the prompts Kick - Swim - Airborne – Rigging, this chapter was written by me (Kaylee) to show how Artanis had to account for The Bruised Fruit Incident to her maternal grandparents. I'd be thrilled if someone showed the Noldorin side of the matter! (hint, hint, co-author frens? :D)

Lirille, Olwe's queen in my writing, and Lindarion, their firstborn son (Earwen's brother) originated with Fiondil, and I use these OC names in his honor. 

Marillien, Lindarion's daughter, is my creation though. :D


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I laughed out loud several times while reading this, this was such a delight! Poor Curufin though, he was so close. 

And now I really want to know what books would be considered "restricted" in the library of Tirion. ..

Kudos to all of you, this was such a fun read!