Ash and Embers by Idle Leaves

Fanwork Information

Summary:

When Finrod rides into the valley of Imladris just after sunrise, half-shrouded in a frosty late-autumn mist, Maglor is certain he's gone mad at last.

Major Characters: Finrod Felagund, Maglor

Major Relationships: Finrod & Maglor

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 908
Posted on 1 December 2021 Updated on 12 December 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This drabble sequence is so powerfully evocative and sets such a strong mood. I can see them so clearly, see the grey skies, the drifts of fallen leaves in the wind, some even inside the old buildings, the two of them sitting by the fire at night... Most of all I feel... feel that feeling of leftoverness once everyone else is gone, I feel the reticence to feel at such times, that unlooked-at feeling of fear of feeling all the feelings underneath, the feeling of observing someone else going through this, the mingled compassion and patience... I guess this just evokes lots of feels in me, and the visuals to go with.

So glad you cross-posted this here. I'll read it again and again.