Voiceless by Noliel

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A young Fëanor is called from sleep by a voice he's almost sure was real. Almost a double-drabble, posted in honour of Míriel Serindë's bio this month.

Major Characters: Fëanor, Míriel Serindë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 218
Posted on 4 July 2010 Updated on 4 July 2010

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Double drabble; written for the 30yearssilm community at LiveJournal.com a good three years ago or so. Posted now in honour of the ever lovely Míriel's bio this month. ♥


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Happy to see that you posted this now. Reminds me of a description that I found while working on Miriel's biography. "She had a beautiful voice and a delicate and clean enunciation . . . " This is a moving piece. People recover from the loss of a mother, but what a different case for Feanor--among the Eldar in the supposedly deathless land of Aman, and not under circumstances which would involve the direct intervention of the Valar and alter the fate their people. In a modern context one might wonder why Feanor did not just "get over" the loss of his mother and his father's remarriage, but not likely in this story cast in the epic mold. i like the way you introduce elements of understandable emotion and magic into this short piece. 

I was wondering if you imagined Feanor to be an infant when he lost Miriel or older? That was a question which was not answered to my satisfaction in my reasearch.

Lovely work, Noliel. Again so glad to see it pop up with new stories.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Oshun! Totally made my day. And you know. I completely had that description in mind when I wrote this, thanks for reminding me!

I imagined Feanor to be a very young child, probably no more than three years, young enough to have gone with Finwe to see his mother's body and to not have understood what had happened. Closer to an infant, really. I don't think he ever knew his mother save by hearsay.

Thank you again! I think I'll be posting more soon. I seem to have gotten over my shyness at last.