Whimsies by Grundy

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Drabbles for the Words of Wit & Wisdom (or Whimsy) challenge.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: New Year's Resolution, Words of Wit and Wisdom

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 23 Word Count: 2, 349
Posted on 11 January 2022 Updated on 11 January 2022

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Rating on this chapter is higher than the others - call it Teen rather than General.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I like the way you've wielded these words here!

Walm and wandreth were completely new to me; your description of Osgilliath is evocatively heart-wrenching despite its brevity, while Narvi's creation-myth of the Mirrormere is delightfully whimsical.

Warlock and Wield are cleverly combined into Elrond's first realisation of the fate of the lesser rings as well as the origin of the Witch-king.

The description of the early days of Imladris, how they maintained a balanced blend of indigenous and imported plants, seems very typical of Elrond. (Got to have some luxuries along with necessities!)

I wonder how Elros felt, being the king of people who's culture he was not entirely familiar with. Wick is a lovely peek.

Aredhel. Wild. Free. Of course!

Maitimo. Findekano. Warm. Blush.

Clever out-the-box thinking with Tylko using the same technique as for wasps on the Orcs.

I would love to see the bestiary with the picture of the walrus in it that Aegnor showed Andreth. I can just imagine the gorgeous illustrations.

(I'm going to save the rest to savour later, but just had to let you know I'm enjoying them. Thank you!)