Adanel: never have I ever by Anérea

| | |

Lost in a forest... with Finrod?

I chose Adanel as my character, and was simul-prompted by elennalore (lost in a forest) and himring (met with Finrod) so I combined them into two drabbles.


Part One:
The late afternoon sunlight streaming through the trees had made the forest flowers appear to be glowing with magic, enticing young Adanel further than ever before. Then suddenly it dimmed, the trees’ song changing with it to their evening tune. So mesmerised had she been by the colours that she had strayed from the path and now no longer knew in which direction it lay. Pushing down the slate grey of fear’s creeping call in her belly, she turned her back to the sunset and started walking, posy clutched tight as if its colours could ward off any dark dangers.

Part Two:
Her colours of hope faded with the light. Stepping over a fallen branch resembling a goblin’s arm for the second time, Adanel realised she’d been going in circles and was well and truly lost. She finally succumbed to the welling sobs that till now she’d managed to push down, but only with great effort of will. Then, through vision wavery with tears, she perceived a faint glow resolving into a tall man. His colours felt safe and reassuring, so much so that when he offered her his hand she took it without hesitation, confident they’d find their way home together.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment