The Shipwright and the Hobbit by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Words of Wit and Wisdom with Bingo achieved through waistcoat, wander, free space (warbling, I thought that matched the vibe), wild and wield.

Inspired by The Teller of Tales by Gabriela Mistral from the Queens of the Quill challenge, specifically the first few stanzas.

As per usual, Belladonna caught me by surprise. This time she turned all philosophical on me

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Belladonna goes to the sea and understands something of importance.

Círdan is there for emotional support, even if he doesn't know it.

Major Characters: Belladonna Took Baggins, Círdan

Major Relationships: Belladonna Took Baggins & Círdan

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure

Challenges: New Year's Resolution, Queens of the Quill, Words of Wit and Wisdom

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 712
Posted on 8 February 2022 Updated on 10 February 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I'm not entirely certain any more, but I think I decided to screw with the timeline and intended it to be Hildifons who went on a journey and never returned. After all, there was no mention that he DIDN'T go to the sea, at least not in the tolkiengateway article...

But if it was one of her sister's, it's definitely Mirabella. Maybe one day I will learn what exactly happened there, and if I do, I'll be sure to tell you!