Soothing by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For the Opposites Attract challenge for the prompt pair: irritate - soothe.

Warning: physical and mental aftermath of torture; non-graphic but a major theme.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In Mithrim: Maedhros and his healer.

A bit of backstory for the later master healer of Himring.

Major Characters: Original Male Character(s), Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Opposites Attract

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 527
Posted on 26 February 2022 Updated on 26 February 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Ooh, I loved this! Maedhros recovering after Thangorodrim is one of the themes that always picks my interest, and this ficlet was sensitive and beautifully written. Ah, how the simple act of touching and massaging the lotion onto the body had become something else than in Valinor for Maedhros. It’s wonderful that it’s indeed Bronadui’s voice that makes a difference, and Maedhros finds a good healer for him.

I really liked the steady progression from the immediate thoughts of his pain and discomfort, to his surroundings and the present, and finally to plans for the future. It was well narrated and an innovative response to the prompt!