Calm and Storm by Independence1776

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Created for the Opposites Attract challenge with the prompt: calm/storm.

Fanwork Information

Description:

The Third Kinslaying: the calm before the storm and the aftereffects.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Genre: General

Type: Moodboard/Collage

Challenges: Opposites Attract

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

Posted on 3 March 2022 Updated on 3 March 2022

Calm and Storm

Moodboard arranged in a plus shape. The four corners of the image are colored dark red with the quotes "Thy sent messages to the Havens of friendship and yet of stern demand" and "And so there came to pass the last and cruellest of the slayings of Elf by Elf." The five images, from top to bottom: river with marsh on a sunny day, sword held in hand with sun glinting off blade, letter with a quill pen and wax seal, albatross flying over water, and water colored red by a sunset.

Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is a really good composition, the contrast between being right in the serene screen and the distanced view of the bloodshed after. (Like a reflection of M&M's mindset, not really wanting to look too closely at what they've wrought.) And the sword contrasting the seagull, the former pointing back while the bird flies forward another subtle statement. The blotted ink on the letter as eloquent as the demand wasn't.