The way of things by firstamazon

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maitimo helps Fëanáro, and Fëanáro decides something important.

Written for the Monthly Challenge Opposites Attract with the prompt "organized-chaotic" 

Major Characters: Fëanor, Maedhros

Major Relationships: Fëanor & Maedhros

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family, Ficlet, General

Challenges: Opposites Attract

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 707
Posted on 13 March 2022 Updated on 13 March 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This was sweet and made me chuckle out loud more than once. Little administrator Maitimo is great...and Fëanor was definitely messy with his papers.

Haha! I completely related to both Fëanor's chaotic organisation and also  Maitimo's compulsion to order it neatly! (Both somehow coexist in me!)

I liked the way you expressed this, another fact of life: “And when you have someone to put the ‘whats’ in the ‘wheres,’”

And this: “Just? That is all the reason I need." Ai, another general truth, if people would only admit it.

 And I particularly like the clever way you begin and end this piece with hints of Fingon, the beginning being the more subtle of the two. ;)

Good, it's great to know I'm not the one related to both of them as well xD and I'm really glad that you liked so many parts of it.

Though I have to admit that the beginning was not intentionally written as to be a hint to Fingon but now that you mentioned it, of course, I can't "unsee" it lol!

Thank you so much for this lovely review! <3

Really nice!

I like how much Maitimo enjoys organizing these things! Rather, you know, than just hating disorder, which could have the same practical effect, but is far more uncomfortable for everyone all around.

And I very much like Feanaro's reaction!