Lúcëmetta (Enchantment's End) by Anérea

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This painting illustrates my ficlet Lómelindi Lúcë.

I chose the following Arda On Ice prompts:

  • Rocker: a quiet moment
  • Flip: something unexpected
  • Upright: a change of perspective
  • Mohawk: forming an alliance
  • Layback: look skyward
Fanwork Information

Description:

Melian and Thingol awake from their enchantment in Nan Elmoth.

Major Characters: Elu Thingol, Elves, Melian

Major Relationships: Melian/Thingol

Genre: Het, Romance

Type: Character/Portrait, Drawing/Painting, Illustration

Challenges: Arda on Ice

Rating: General

Warnings:

Posted on 12 April 2022 Updated on 16 August 2022

Lúcëmetta (Enchantment's End)

"The first drops of fine silver rain began to fall"

(click the pic to fit to screen)
Melian and Thingol in Nan Elmoth

Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Anérea has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Color/Tone, Composition, Flow, Style, Technique. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


I think this is easily my favourite Melian and Thingol art I've ever seen. The perspective, the giant trees, the sky overhead -- as if, no matter how majestic and holy they are, they are still just small compared to nature and the vastness of the universe. 

This painting is going to be how I visualise this scene from now on.

This piece is just astounding, from the unusual perspective (brilliant interpretation of the layback prompt!) to the light and color that draws my eye to the center of the piece to the falling rain. You have such talent!

I love this painting and the ficlet it accompanies. The silvery rain looks like falling stars and really that's perfectly elvish. There's a vastness that's conveyed here, where the woods dwarf the Melian and Thingol that's also very fitting. Gorgeous work!