Reverse Death Spiral by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

A short piece for the Arda on Ice challenge, inspired by Lyra's lovely banner for the challenge, which shows Beren and Luthien as skaters in a reversed death spiral.

For the challenge prompts used, see the end note.

Technically, warning for (temporary) character death.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Beren and Luthien.

 

Major Characters: Beren, Lúthien Tinúviel

Major Relationships: Beren/Luthien

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Poetry

Challenges: Arda on Ice

Rating: General

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 44
Posted on 13 April 2022 Updated on 13 April 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I know I've said so already, but just so my reaction doesn't disappear in the depths of Discord:
This is such a clever way of using the prompts! It works perfectly with the Beren and Lúthien storyline. Love your poem, and I'm tickled pink that my banner art sort of served as inspiration!

I'm really glad you like it!

I first was toying with the idea of an actual skating AU, with maybe Beren having flashbacks while doing the spiral how the two of them revolutionized ice-skating together. But I realized that I probably would be unable to write that, and at any rate definitely not manage to write it within any reasonable time frame!

And then after days of being totally blocked this came to me!