Clad Much in Grey by Lindariel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

How Galadriel showed her loyalty to her family ahead of the Noldorin family council in FA 7 and thereby acquired powerful knowledge.

This story directly follows the events of one of my Lockdown Instadrabbling I and one of my Olympics Instadrabbling 2021 drabbles, both set in Mithrim in the Year 7 of the Sun.  It builds on another drabble from my Lockdown Instadrabbling II.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Alatáriel accepts a mission on behalf of her family and encounters the mystery at the heart of a secret.

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s), Galadriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, General

Challenges: Vintage

Rating: General

Warnings: Animal Abuse, Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 5, 828
Posted on 21 May 2022 Updated on 19 August 2022

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Mithrim, Year 7 of the Sun; early summer

Alatáriel hears astonishing stories about the history of Middle-Earth.  Content warning:  a lot of spiderbabies die.

This chapter incorporates the Vintage Literature challenge prompt "tale within a tale" and the Vintage Poetry challenge prompt "alliterative verse."

The Mithrim share another secret of their grey cloth with Alatáriel.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oooh, Míriel started it? That would be fascinating information to share with Míriel's grandsons...

Am I right in thinking Galadriel saw a glimpse of her own future in the water?

Lovely story!