gold & burgundy by hanneswrites

Fanwork Information

Summary:

“Forgive me,” Finrod muses, the ends of his lips twitching up in a teasing smile as he ties a delicately embroidered burgundy sash around Maglor’s waist, “I had forgotten that you only hang out with me for the fashion advice. No other reason.” 

Years of the Trees Gen Slice of LIfe fic

Major Characters: Finrod Felagund, Maglor

Major Relationships: Finrod & Maglor

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet, Fluff

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 523
Posted on 21 June 2022 Updated on 21 June 2022

This fanwork is complete.

gold & burgundy

Read gold & burgundy

“You know I also didn’t quite care for your most recent rendition of the telpetaniel. ” Finrod says as he fastens the last of the sleeve buttons along Maglor’s wrists. He takes a step back to admire the outfit and taps his finger to his lips, as if considering something for a long moment. 

 

“ Hush . I’ve not come all this way for you to criticize me.” Maglor huffs, placing his hands indignantly on his hips in a show of playful exasperation. When he’d asked his cousin for help with putting together an outfit for an audition he hadn’t expected a long drawn-out list of songs Finrod thought Maglor definitely should not sing during the audition, for reasons ranging from ‘being slightly too pitchy’ to ‘I don’t really have a reason, it just doesn’t suit you.’ 

 

Finrod opens his mouth once more, as if to continue into why Maglor’s last rendition of telpetaniel was subpar. Maglor glares at him and Finrod just chuckles in response, drifting over toward his closet to rifle through his clothes, pulling all different shades of reds and blues and golds out and tossing them haphazardly onto his bed. 

 

Maglor knows not what he’s searching for at this point, though if it’s anything akin to the deep navy robes he’s already outfitted Maglor in, he supposes it’s worth the wait. He takes a moment to admire himself in the mirror, his thumb running along the smooth silk outlining on the sleeve of the tunic Finrod is allowing him to borrow. It’s softer than anything Maglor owns and he makes a mental note to ask Finrod who’d crafted it for him. 

 

Behind him, Finrod makes a triumphant sound and Maglor watches through the mirror as he slowly pulls out a long waist-sash. Finrod tosses it over his shoulder and turns back to Maglor, gesturing hurriedly for Maglor to raise his arms.    

 

“Forgive me,” Finrod muses, the ends of his lips twitching up in a teasing smile as he ties a delicately embroidered burgundy sash around Maglor’s waist, “I had forgotten that you only hang out with me for the fashion advice. No other reason.” 

 

Maglor lets out a soft chuckle, his eyes meeting Finrod’s in the mirror. He smiles as he traces his fingertip over the outline of the heavy gold necklace Finrod had placed around his neck not but a few minutes ago.

 

"Wrong. I only hang out with you to steal your jewelry." Maglor says, and Finrod laughs , his pearl-white teeth flashing in a wolfish sort of grin that Maglor rarely sees on his cousin when he’s not thoroughly tipsy. 

 

“I need that back by tomorrow night.” Finrod says, clapping a hand on Maglor’s shoulder as he pushes him toward the door, “Now good luck.” 

 

Finrod’s grin turns mischievous as he all but shoves Maglor through the threshold, “And perhaps choose something other than telpetaniel tonight, hm?” 

Maglor does not kick Finrod’s door as it slams shut in his face, but it’s a very near thing.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.