Don't forget the Light

Series compiled by chrissystriped

| | |
Series Information

Summary:

Sharû is an orc, a soldier of Morgoth, and he should feel nothing but hatred and contempt for elves. But there are his parents who teach him differently, (his brother who looks like an elf), and there's also his superior who has sympathy for the slaves.

When the Valar come to fight, he helps to free the slaves instead of killing them, the deed earning him and his men a place in Aman.

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Ecthelion of the Fountain

Major Relationships:

Genre: Alternate Universe, Romance, Slash

Challenges:


Fanworks in "Don't forget the Light"

This is a Writing fanwork

Transformation by chrissystriped

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings, Sexual Content (Mild), Torture, Violence (Moderate)

Faranwe is captured by the Dark Hunter, torn from his family and changed forever. But even in Utumno there can be love and light.

This is a Writing fanwork

Estel by chrissystriped

Warnings: Character Death, In-Universe Racism/Ethnocentrism, Rape/Nonconsensual Sex, Violence (Moderate)

Sharû comes home from a raid to find his mother gave birth to twins - and one of them doesn't look like an orc should.

This is a Writing fanwork

A special boy by chrissystriped

Warnings: Child Abuse, Rape/Nonconsensual Sex, Sexual Content (Graphic), Violence (Moderate)

A batch of new slaves is brought to the mines, one of them is going to make an impression on both Mormirion and Sharû.

This is a Writing fanwork

A Conspiracy is Planned by chrissystriped

Warnings: No warnings apply

Sharû cocked his head as he looked at the numbers on the file.
“Sir?”, he said to Mormirion who sat behind his desk and was writing something.
“Hm?”, the Maia hummed.
“There seems to be something wrong with the numbers”, he said. “I’ve noticed this before. It’s never by much, but there’s always more food ordered than actually is in our rations — and we already eat better than most soldiers.”

Sharû finds out about Mormirion's secret activities and confronts him about it.

This is a Writing fanwork

Just a Bargain by chrissystriped

Warnings: In-Universe Racism/Ethnocentrism, Rape/Nonconsensual Sex, Sexual Content (Moderate), Violence (Mild)

Ecthelion wasn't killed at the Fall of Gondolin but taken prisoner. When one of his fellow slaves gets sick, he decides to pay the price their overseer names for medicine.

This is a Writing fanwork

Finding Lost Family by chrissystriped

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings, In-Universe Racism/Ethnocentrism, Sexual Content (Moderate), Violence (Moderate)

After Sharû and his soldiers help the slaves of Angband regain their freedom, they are prisoners of war. Future is an uncertain thing for both the orcs and the freed elves. Ecthelion intends to make life better for all of them.

This is a Writing fanwork

An Orc walks into a Library... by chrissystriped

Warnings: No warnings apply

A librarian in Alqualonde has an interesting morning.

This is a Writing fanwork

Meeting the Past by chrissystriped

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Mablung is back in Aman and both Ecthelion and Sharû have things to apologise for. Glorfindel, who was asked by Ecthelion to approach Mablung about it, is there to wittness their conversation.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Joining of Two Families by chrissystriped

Warnings: No warnings apply

Shai is the first orc to be reborn and Sharû is overjoyed to have his mother back. When Shai hears that her husband can't be reborn because both she and Arasiel, his wife from when he was an elf, are alive, she is not prepared to accept that. Shai and Arasiel team up to get their husband back, coming closer to each other in the process.

This is a Writing fanwork

Gil-galad, son of... by chrissystriped

Warnings: No warnings apply

Kashnai died when she tried to bring her son to safety. Now she is reborn and her greatest wish is to see him again.
Ereinion has wished for all his life to be able to meet his mother, but given that she was an orc, he hadn't thought it would ever be possible.