Flowing Songs of Healing by Anérea

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For the Restoration & Rebuilding video prompt: Return of Whychus Creek (2018: Whychus Creek is coming back to life after a 9 phase piping project that has modernized Three Sisters Irrigation District and restored year-round flows in the iconic creek that runs through Sisters, Oregon.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Yavanna and Ulmo in Middle-earth after the toppling of the Lamps.

Major Characters: Ulmo, Yavanna

Major Relationships: Ulmo & Yavanna

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Restoration and Rebuilding

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 102
Posted on 20 August 2022 Updated on 20 August 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, I'm so glad to hear you say that, because I've had an idea for a while about their collaboration, sparked by thoughts of just how did the trees grow tall about Melian and Thingol while the rest of Middle-earth lay under the Sleep of Yavanna. I just haven't had the motivation to write it yet, so your comment has given it a boost! Thank you!

They make good allies, Yavanna and Ulmo, and fitting ones!

I can't remember right now whether they are showing interacting anywhere in canon but, with their continued interest in Middle-earth, it makes perfect sense.

They do seem an obvious collaborative pair, don't they? I've been researching Ulmo, and I haven't yet come across anything that puts them directly together. The closest I've yet seen it come is In The Beginning Of Days where the paragraph about Ulmo's power nourishing life even under the darkness of Melkor, is immediately followed by the paragraph describing Yavanna going at times to heal his hurts.

I agree with the other commenters that Yavanna and Ulmo working together is a great idea! I like that Yavanna initiated their collaboration, Ulmo might notice that something is not right but he maybe wouldn't realise what effects it has on the plants.