In Song Unsung by sabcatt

| | |

Fanwork Notes

In which the author apes Tolkien by writing in-universe poetry, and then takes the whole bit Even Further by writing some fake academic essays about said poetry: as performed by someone who hates academia, but does enjoy a good poem.

Ft. a vague gesture in the Direction of alliterative verse, gratuitous historical revisionism on the part of several poets, and one (1) very frustrated academic narrator.

Chapters: 1/2

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Fragmentary sections of two poems, dealing with the friendship of Fingon and Maedhros, and a brief scholarly introduction thereto. (AKA: a media fic of the most pretentious flavor.)

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships: Fingon & Maedhros

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Experimental, Poetry

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 442
Posted on 1 October 2022 Updated on 30 December 2022

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

[T]his lack of primary sources has been the cause of no little frustration in my attempts to study the function of the “Fëanorian stories” within Exilic society.

From Canto IV of "The Lay of King Nelyafinwë": Fingon the Valiant, in friendship ever true / paused not, nor yielded to prudent counsel.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.