Seven Mighty Stars by StarSpray

Fanwork Information

Summary:

"Then [Varda] began a great labor, greatest of all the works of the Valar since their coming into Arda. She took the silver dews from the vats of Telperion, and therewith she made new stars and brighter against the coming of the Firstborn ... And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom." - The Silmarillion, "Of the Coming of the Elves"

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Genre: General

Type: Fiber/Textile Art, Landscape

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Posted on 25 January 2023 Updated on 25 January 2023

Seven Mighty Stars

a piece of embroidery on blue fabric in a blue hoop, featuring the black silhouettes of mountains with three taller peaks in the middle, and above them stars in french knots, with larger knots depicting the valacirca/big dipper

Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh my wow! This is magic! I'm rather in awe of textile art like this and enjoyed zooming in and around the detail. I really like the texture of your mountains.

This is stunning! I love that the stitching of the landscame goes in different directions to create structure and how the stars of the sickle stand out from the other smaller stars, not only because they are bigger but because of the depth of the knot (if that makes sense).