For love to bloom by daughterofshadows

| | |

For love to bloom


“Would you let me braid flowers into your beard?” Belladonna wondered, head cradled in her lover’s lap.

Dís’ fingers gently scratched at her scalp. “It is a rather special thing to us to let someone braid our hair.”

“I know.”

“But I would let you do it. The flowers hold no meaning to me, but I treasure you, and I would let all see it, even if only dwarrow understood.”

Belladonna laughed. “Oh the flowers I had in mind hold no particular meaning to me, either. I simply thought that liverwort would suit your eyes perfectly.”

“Liverwort?” Dís asked incredulously.

“They look prettier than the name suggests.” Belladonna rose to her feet. She held out her hand to help Dís stand as well. “Come, let me show you.  I saw a few not far from here.”

At the edge of the path, small purple flowers bloomed.

“See? Not too bad, am I right?”

Dís nodded. “Indeed! They’re quite pretty.”

“So, you would agree to wear them for a while? Hobbits may not know what it means to braid your hair, but they will understand what I am saying with these.”

“And what are you saying?”

“That I love you. That I wish to share my life with you for as long as you’ll have me.”

“Then I will wear them gladly.”


Chapter End Notes

Liverwort is a small purple flower that grows along many forests parts around my home.

Here is a link to the wikipedia article, if you want to see what it looks like.

 


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment