Aeluin Revisited by Anérea

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for this postcard prompt featuring a photograph of Tarn Aeluin and the message

“We say that where there is life, there is hope.
Yet for Men, even death does not put an end to hope.”

Postcard of Tarn Aeluin

Photograph and postcard design by Grundy.

My gratitude to my beta, sallysavestheday for saving my fic!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A nonagenarian Andreth thinks back on her life, and love. (Featuring cameo appearances by Finrod and Adanel.)

Major Characters: Aegnor, Andreth

Major Relationships: Aegnor/Andreth

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Romance

Challenges: Jubilee, Manwë's Mailbag

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 413
Posted on 14 February 2023 Updated on 16 February 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

This takes place in the mid-fourth century of the First Age, at Tarn Aeluin in Eastern Dorthonion.

Andreth's memories go back, first about sixty or seventy years, and then to F.A.409 when she was about forty-eight and having the conversations with Finrod that make up the Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth.

(400 words, not sure why it says 413.)


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Anérea has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Fulfilled Intent, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.