Dust of Snow by ArizonaPoppy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.
~Robert Frost

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Trapped in a cabin by a blizzard, Caranthir is forced to revisit his harsh feelings for Angrod. This was written for the Fellowship of the Fics Trope Roulette Wheel Challenge of January 2023 for the prompts "roommate AU" and "huddling for warmth."

Major Characters: Angrod, Caranthir

Major Relationships: Angrod & Caranthir

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 516
Posted on 15 February 2023 Updated on 17 February 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh! I loved this!

The whole ambience of it. Your descriptions were wonderful! It was like I was watching it all unfold in some fan-made movie. I also liked your slow deliberate lead up to something Caranthir did not want to face. It was great to see them make amends. Why are the Finarfinians always so likeable? And I really like the way you wrote Caranthir. He's another favorite of mine, if you hadn't guessed. 

 

 

Poor Caranthir, forced to face his feelings and make peace with an imagined adversary! How very annoying for him. But who, indeed, could have predicted the delay from the incident with the Dwarves and the overturned rutabaga cart?? I love the atmosphere you have created here and the little character details that make Caranthir endearing even in his gloom. Humorous and touching and thoughtful all at once. :)