Fabric of Love by Anérea

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Jubilee Instadrabbling Holiday Party prompt: Gift-giving.

(100 words.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Young Andreth receives a very special gift from her mother.
(A drabble.)

Major Characters: Andreth

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Holiday Party, Jubilee

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 101
Posted on 16 February 2023 Updated on 16 February 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I'm absolutely delighted this little peek into Andreth's life appealed to you! It was one of those that just popped into my mind from who-knows-where. (Although it was Lferion/Wander's quilt that led to her mum being so skilled with textiles, and teaching her about plant dyes, so perhaps that's where the fabric nature of the shoes comes from.)

In their relatively rural/outdoorsy lifestyle (as I envision it), I think fabric shoes like these would be a real indulgence, especially for someone who would likely outgrow them soon.  Although I guess they would be willingly received as hand-me-downs. (Her younger sister Beril probably kept eagerly suggesting they had become too small for Andreth!)

The useful plants are a recurring theme in my tales with Andreth and Adanel, and the shoes are waiting in the the wings for their next appearance...

Thanks so much for sharing your enjoyment of this!