Lemon Balm, Comfrey and Sage by Narya

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For the Jubilee re-run of the Manwë's Mailbag challenge, I got the image embedded at the top of the first chapter, and the text that opens the story.  I scratched my head a little over what to do with it, but eventually came up with this.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

After being injured in a riding accident, Eldarion stays behind in Minas Tirith while his mother and father embark on their spring tour.  He is not best pleased when he is assigned to help in the Houses of Healing, but soon finds he has much to learn...

(This is a work in progress.)

Major Characters: Eldarion, Ioreth

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Jubilee, Manwë's Mailbag

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 460
Posted on 17 February 2023 Updated on 17 February 2023

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Narya has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


Oh, hello Eldarion! I do believe this is the first time I'm meeting him since the mention of his birth! And I like him already, and it's lovely to see Ioreth too.

The populace have a very quirky sense of humour, if their cards are anything to go by!

Looking forward to enjoying more of this!

My favorite type of Arwen! Playful and clever and just a bit rude. What a lovely mother for Eldarion to have. Now I'm imagining the subversive postcard industry of the Reunited Kingdom and wishing fiercely that I were a visual artist. Looking forward to more of this, if there is more to come.

The selection here is distressingly limited.

ahha! haha!!! i chuckled way, way too long at this.  Not just the line, but the imagined image of it, and especially of her writing about it!

This was deliciously funny and sweet, both. <3