Homecoming by Lferion

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the SWG February-March 2023 challenge 'Cheesy Corn Chips', for the prompt: Anheuser Busch Inspirational Commercial. Posted here on AO3.

Many thanks to Zhie for encouragement and sanity-checking.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The first ships to return to Valinor after the end of the War of Wrath are on the horizon. What does that mean, for the people on the shore, the people on the ships?  A quintuple drabble.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet, General

Challenges: Cheesy Corn Chips

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 507
Posted on 18 February 2023 Updated on 18 February 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Very touching!

The ships and elves coming back home are not as they were when they left -- and those who have never been to Valinor before sail toward something unknown People are happy and curious and nervous to welcome them back home. The war is over and a new life is waiting.

Wow, this evokes so much feeling, and thought...

And so beautifully written, it brought some tears to my eyes.

("a childhood before" — what a great measurement of time for the Elves!

Survivors "came home the long way" — lots of thoughts and implications crowding into those few words!)

I like how our two responses to this challenge seem to complement each other, although I didn't plan it that way!

I could clearly visualize the scene of that return and liked your thoughtful reflections about the people arriving on the ships.