Eternal Flame by elennalore

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Cheesy Corn Chips challenge. Eternal Flame by the Bangles has always been a Melkor/Mairon song for me, and when I saw it as one of the song prompts, I couldn't resist. I imagine that the song is from Melkor's perspective, but this fic is from Mairon's.

Moreover, this fic is also homage to Blind Guardian's War of Wrath. They gave me the setting, I made my version of it.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

On the last night of the war, Melkor sends Mairon away.

Major Characters: Melkor, Sauron

Major Relationships: Melkor/Sauron

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fluff, Hurt/Comfort

Challenges: Cheesy Corn Chips

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 234
Posted on 19 February 2023 Updated on 19 February 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This was simply heartbreaking. Mairon's feelings of love and despair are so vivid and Melkor knows it is all lost, so he wants to make sure Mairon gets away.

(And concerning your comment on discord: Definitely a 'Yes! More cake'-situation. <3)

Oh, well done!

“You are precious to me,” Melkor said after a while.

This reminds me of the tumblr post someone did about how Sauron put so much of himself into his ring and that's why everyone who has it for any length of time starts calling it "Precious" and this just plays so perfectly into that that I almost yelped!  Really beautiful!