and I will love with urgency, but not with haste by Arveldis

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the 2022 Gates of Summer Exchange's weekly prompts (posted on Tumblr). This is for two of Week 1's prompts, "green and growing wilderness" and "turning of the seasons."

Fanwork Information

Summary:

“I would honor the customs of thy people, Andreth, and marry thee in the manner of thy people,” he said at last.

“And if I did not want to?” she asked, so soft she barely heard her own voice. “If I wished to marry thee in the manner of thy people?” Her voice trembled, but she held his gaze.

Aegnor drew in an uneven breath, swift and sharp. His gaze roved her face, tracing her features. When he spoke, his voice was rough but tender. “I would take thee away, to the south or east, and marry thee under the light of the stars. And there none would speak against our union. And I would be thine and thou would be mine in every way that there is.”

A summer evening spent in a glade near the shores of the Aeluin.

Major Characters: Aegnor, Andreth

Major Relationships: Aegnor/Andreth

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Het, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 143
Posted on 14 June 2022 Updated on 19 July 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.