Burnt Sugar by sallysavestheday

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For the Cheesy Corn Chips Challenge, using the musical prompt of the Bangles' Eternal Flame. I just couldn't resist.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Aegnor and Andreth and fires in the dark.

Major Characters: Aegnor, Andreth

Major Relationships: Aegnor/Andreth

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Cheesy Corn Chips

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 180
Posted on 6 March 2023 Updated on 6 March 2023

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh my! This fits the prompt so well, and I don't know whether to laugh or cry! (Actually, I'll just indulge both!)

Open fire-roasted... peaches!? I've never... but now I just have to try that! (It's fortunately peach season here.) (I'd like to try it with a Finwëam Elf too, but sadly it's apparently not Elf season here.)

I really enjoyed this, thank you!

Peaches hold together best when grilled, but if you halve them and then just skewer them they still do pretty well over an open fire. Sprinkle with a little brown sugar or balsamic vinegar when they've charred and softened a little...yum!! Good with feta or a similarly salty cheese, too. As long as your Elf companion is not interfering big brother Finrod, it is delightful.

So beautiful and bittersweet! I love the vivid imagery in this; I could almost smell the fire and peaches.

And the twist at the end! It works so well. I love that Aegnor uses his joyful memory of Andreth as a weapon against Morgoth to keep himself from feeling fear. It seems like just the kind of thing he would do.