Maglor in the 1848 French Revolution by Aprilertuile

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Thank you so much Bunn for beta-reading this story, and making it better. :)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The Silmarillion says : "And it is told of Maglor that he could not endure the pain with which the Silmaril tormented him; and he cast it at last into the Sea, and thereafter he wandered ever upon the shores, singing in pain and regret beside the waves. For Maglor was mighty among the singers of old, named only after Daeron of Doriath; but he came never back among the people of the Elves."

So, what if Maglor had enough of the shores and just wandered the world?

Here is my take on Maglor living in France during the 1848 french revolution.

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s), Original Male Character(s), Maglor

Major Relationships: Maglor/Original Character

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Character Death, In-Universe Intolerance, In-Universe Queerphobia/LGBTQIA+ Intolerance, In-Universe Sexism/Misogyny, Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 17 Word Count: 39, 807
Posted on 26 April 2023 Updated on 28 May 2023

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Aprilertuile has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Point of View, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


An interesting setting for a Maglor story!  I have only read the first couple of chapters but I am already invested in your OCs and Maglor's relationship with them. I am keen to see how this continues.