Tar-Míriel by Sirielle

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Tar-Míriel, known as Ar-Zimraphel, the last queen of Númenor (not ruling).
A character from Akallabêth / The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Traditional media, A5, 2020.

Steps animation at YT :: Facebook :: Instagram & TikTok.

Fanwork Information

Description:

Tar-Míriel, traditional media, A5, 2020.

Major Characters: Tar-Míriel

Major Relationships:

Genre: General

Type: Character/Portrait, Drawing/Painting, Illustration

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Posted on 17 May 2023 Updated on 26 May 2023

Tar-Míriel

Tar-Míriel, known as Ar-Zimraphel, the last queen of Númenor (not ruling).
A character from Akallabêth / The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Traditional media, A5.

A portrait of a female in a  crown holding a bird.

Tar-Míriel, an earlier version

A photo of an earlier version of the portrait, done with silver and golden brush pens which unfortunately come out dull grey/dirty on a scan. Also she looks here more like a child, not a grown up woman. I wasn't satisfied with it and so re-did the portrait again without any silver and gold (the main image in the set). 

Traditional media, A5.

A portrait of a female in a crown holding a bird.

Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


How absolutely beautiful! I particularly love the details like the bird, the embroidery, the ridges and pearls on her glove, and especially the way her cloak turns into a wave.

I really like your technique. I'm just getting back into traditional art for the first time really in almost 30 years (eek!) so I'm curious to know, is this ink and pencil?

Thank you! This is a mix of various technical pens, brush pens and white gel over a pencil sketch (erased). I just added an earlier version of the portrait and linked a video with steps animation. You can see it at YT for example. The main image is scan, I also erased some marks from the background after scanning. I am much more satisfied with the final image, but the older one had a better bird - I forgot about its wings in the newer version ;)